Health and Safety Officer
The Health and Safety team are responsible for ensuring The Barnet Group fulfils its health and safety obligations and are looking for someone to join our team.
The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
*Providing advice and guidance on all aspects of health and safety in relation to employees, contractors and residents and will be responsible for:
*Producing the company's Health & Safety Policy Statement and also a number of more specific policy statements in relation to asbestos, fire safety, gas safety, violence, lone working, window safety, water quality etc.
*Where necessary producing associated information / procedure / guidance notes ensuring that these are compliant with legislation and, where possible, best practice in order to protect employees from unacceptable risks.
*Monitoring implementation and regularly reviewing these to ensure they remain effective at ensuring employee, contractor and resident health, safety and welfare.
* Liaising with the London Fire & Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA), Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Council's Health and Safety Department etc. to ensure that the company adopts best practice and that working practices are updated when new information / legislation etc. becomes available.
* Consulting and advising with the Risk and Compliance officer to facilitate effective monitoring of Barnet Homes health and safety performance.
* Ensuring effective risk assessment systems are in place and compliance is monitored. Providing advice & assistance to risk assessors and reporting progress to H&S Committee and Executive Team.
The successful candidiate will have the following essential skills knowledge and experience:
*GCSE English and Maths grade C or above or equivalent qualification *Formal Health and Safety qualification to at least level 3 *At least three years experience in a similar role *Ability to climb ladders, work at heights, work in confined spaces and other potentially hazardous locations *Computer literacy, use Word, Excel & PowerPoint *Ablility to work alone without supervision *To be able to hold Health and Safety training sessions for management and staff *To have a valid driving license with access to a car
Closing date: 23.59 Monday 1st April 2019
Currently our main offices are located at Barnet House, Whetstone N20. We will be moving to new modern offices at Colindale NW9 in July 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Barnet
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in Barnet