Housing Policy Officer
This department is responsible for housing, communities and improving the lives of local residents. This includes landlord services and estate management, planning, refurbishment, and advice and support to help maintain healthy and safe homes.
A significant part of our work is focused on creating stronger communities, by working together with local residents on recovery following the Grenfell tragedy.
In response to London’s affordable homes crisis, we are committed to building more social housing to help people on lower incomes to live, work, and raise their families in the borough. Our housing team also work closely with affordable housing providers and other agencies to manage homelessness, and give support to older residents to live independently. Find out more about our vacancies here.
One year fixed-term contract or secondment- possibility of extension.
Are you looking for a high profile, senior role in policy or strategy? Then this is a great opportunity to raise your profile and become an expert in your area.
Based within the dynamic Housing team, you will be involved in the full spectrum of work carried out by the department. Your role will be varied and involve liaising with a variety of other parties from local residents and communities, service providers, voluntary agencies local Councillors and Government representatives.
You will be play an instrumental role in developing the Council’s Housing strategies and policies and delivering the Council’s vision.
With excellent project management, communication and presentation skills you will also have a high level of IT literacy. Above all, you must have excellent written skills.
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have a sound knowledge of housing and social policy. You will have the ability to work on complex strategy and policy development.
Enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable, you are capable of thinking creatively and delivering results under pressure.
- To provide policy and research support to the Housing service
- To keep abreast of, and assess the implications for the Council of policy issues, continuous improvement and other relevant guidance issued by the government, other research, and significant developments by other authorities
- To facilitate the dissemination of information and expertise on housing and corporate policy initiatives across the business group
- To design, undertake, and manage housing research projects including needs analysis, using quantitative and qualitative methods
- To develop proposals and recommendations
- To ensure that projects and service developments are effectively handed over to operational staff
- To compile, analyse and interpret housing information and statistics using available housing information systems and databases
- To conduct user consultation as necessary
- To assist with the delivery of the Housing Strategy and develop other strategies as required
- To manage specific projects from inception to completion
- To promote and enable equality of opportunities, and promote the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities
- Work in accordance with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and obligations.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Rob Shaw, Housing Strategy and Policy Manager on 020 7361 3167 or via email on Robert.email@example.com
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: 29th March 2019
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Temporary jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Temporary jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Temporary jobs in London (Central)
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Temporary jobs in London (Central)