Estate Staff Supervisor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Estate Services Staff Supervisor
Knight House, Stoke-on-Trent – Covering Staffordshire, South Cheshire and Derbyshire
£31,940 per annum (rising to £33,621 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance) – Subject to April 2019 pay review
40 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
The Estate Staff Supervisor will utilise their excellent coordination skills and knowledge of Estate Maintenance to plan multiple workloads, ensuring productivity is maximised across a large geographical area. Playing on your key management skills, you’ll oversee a busy team of Cleaners, Caretakers and Landscape Technicians with the aim of motivating and inspiring in order to increase productivity levels.
The role of Estate Staff Supervisor will include:
- Planning the daily workload for the Estate Services team and providing quotations for works not covered by specifications
- Dealing with complaints, breakdowns in service delivery and identifying areas for improvement to implement effective solutions
- Carrying out inspections to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled in line with health and safety requirements
- Liaising with the housing team to discuss specific issues and improve service delivery
- Playing a key role in the training, recruitment, development and retention of current staff
Skills and experiences:
- Experience working in a busy environment, with ability to plan and adapt to the needs of the site
- People management experience allowing you to maintain high productivity is essential
- Ability to prioritise multiple workloads in order to meet residents’ needs
- Excellent customer service skills, allowing you to build strong working relationships
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- This role will involve the driving of a company vehicle and for insurance purposes in order to be considered to drive a company vehicle, drivers must have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday rising to 30 days following 5 years service, plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 2 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent