Residential Property Surveyor – Major Defects
We are working with a client to recruit a Residential Property Surveyor to provide technical support to specialist contractors.
Our client is a successful and ambitious housing organisation that has been delivering affordable homes in London for over 150 years. They currently manage around 4,700 properties in central and west London, and are committed to increasing their stock of high quality, affordable properties to provide homes for people who would otherwise be priced out of the capital.
An experienced Residential Property Surveyor is needed who shares their belief that well-planned, well-managed housing can improve lives and enhance communities. The role is a key part of the team responsible for the provision of a comprehensive repairs, planned maintenance and improvement service which ensures that tenants’ homes are well maintained and in good order for the future.
- Prepare technical specifications for tenders and briefs for consultants.
- Provide technical surveying support, eg undertaking surveys and preparing reports to diagnose defects and assess risks.
- Carry out inspections to residential and commercial properties and communal areas
- Ensure all decisions are well documented.
- Carry out reviews and audits of schemes and ensure they meet legislation, financial procedures and comply with the design brief.
- Lead on all Party Wall matters, responding to and serving notices as required.
- Carry out stock condition surveys.
- Assist with Legal Disrepair claims, attending Court where necessary.
- Provide technical advice and support on EHO Notices and Complaints.
- Lead on the Project Management of a variety of improvement/major projects.
- Manage consultants and contractors, to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget without compromising quality.
- Manage and monitor costs on projects and record and report on progress in cost, time and unit numbers.
- Sign off variations and valuations and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure projects are delivered to quality, time, high resident satisfaction and value for money.
- Ensure that all documents are handed over at completion, defects are addressed and post contract approvals are agreed.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external clients and lead on consultation of all stakeholders including local authority representatives, tenants, staff representing the client, community representatives, etc.
- Lead on high value building insurance claims
- Mentor trainee surveyors and provide training/coaching for Building Inspectors Team.
- Take part in the out of hours rota as required
You will need:
- Extensive experience of working in property or housing maintenance with experience in party walls, specification writing, energy assessments and stock condition surveys
- Experience of working on partnering contracts
- Mentoring/coaching/training other staff on technical matters
- Relevant building surveying, building or architectural degree – RICS or Masters Degree
- Working knowledge of the Legal Disrepair Protocol
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, CDM Regulations, Planning and Party Wall Legislation
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce detailed technical reports, assess risks and solve problems
- Good budget management with experience of producing cash flows and programmes.
- Ability to delegate and handle a busy workload of complex projects.
- Project management leadership skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing housing association that offers generous employee benefits including flexi-time, generous annual leave allowance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, a generous group personal pension scheme which doubles any contribution you make (up to a maximum of 10% of your salary), performance awards for top performing staff and an Employee Assistance Programme.
For further information on the role please contact Claire Goodall on 02380 001 153
To apply please email you CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3rd April 2019
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up at www.oceanedge.biz to receive regular job alerts
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)