Neighbourhood Services Manager
Role: Neighbourhood Services Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,146 to £31,433 per annum plus Car Allowance of £1,921 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Who are we?
Moat is one of the top 30 housing associations in the UK with 20,000 homes spread across south east London, Kent, Essex and Sussex and we continue to develop new homes at an impressive rate too – last year we delivered 664 and we are aiming for another 3,000 by 2020. Our ambition is simple - to bring an end to housing need.
Housing associations are facing a period of change unprecedented in recent times. This gives rise to a number of significant challenges in terms of sustaining rental income, supporting residents through welfare reform and striving to maximise the delivery of new homes. We must also protect existing residents and homes; plus our social purpose – this is a delicate and challenging balancing act.
What does a Neighbourhood Services Manager do?
You will own and manage the tenancies, leases and communities within a multi-tenure housing portfolio, acting as an ambassador for Moat, whilst ensuring high quality services are delivered.
To ensure the highest standards are provided to our residents, you will carry out regular estate inspections and monitoring of neighbourhood service contracts with customers, including cleaning and gardening.
You will report to the Neighbourhood Operations Manager, and have other Neighbourhood Services Manager’s on your team, enabling you to support each other and share knowledge/experiences.
Who are we looking for?
• A good standard of education, with excellent verbal and written skills.
• Demonstrable understanding of leases and tenancy agreements.
• A sound awareness of Landlord, Leasehold and Tenant legislation and procedure.
• A good awareness of welfare benefits, particularly Housing Benefits.
• An awareness of occasions that require liaison with Social Services (e.g child protection, domestic violence)
• Appropriate means of transport
In return for your hard work, we will reward you with a competitive salary, pension scheme and the option of flexible working to give you a great work life balance. We offer a generous annual leave entitlement with the flexibility to buy and sell more, and you even get a half day off on your birthday!
We take pride in our people to ensure they are equipped with the knowledge they require to carry out their role and inspire them to learn more which is why we offer further education sponsorship and leadership programmes. Moat want to ensure their employees feel supported at work, so we also provide Childcare Vouchers, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave, cycle-to-work scheme, and many more!
Interested? We want to hear from you!
If you feel this role is suited to you, and you want to take on an exciting new challenge, please fill out an online application form (before 23:00 on Thursday 4 April 2019) detailing the skills and experience you can bring to Moat. We will be in touch should we wish to invite you in for an interview.
Please note this role is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means that if you are successful, we will have to obtain a disclosure and barring service check before confirming the offer of employment with you.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Horsham
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Horsham
- Homelessness Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Horsham
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Horsham
- Revenues / benefits Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Horsham