Divisional Director – Housing
The best of London in one borough
From Canary Wharf’s skyscrapers to the vibrant East End, Tower Hamlets is full of colour, contrasts and potential. Here, you’ll find incredible cultural and social diversity as well as a melting pot of creativity and enterprise. In short, it’s no ordinary London borough. It’s the best of London in one place. With this incredible backdrop, you’ll be inspired to make your mark.
With the fastest population growth of any local authority in the country, it is unsurprising that there is pressure on our housing stock. As Divisional Director Housing you will be responsible for helping to sustain the record in production of new housing and affordable accommodation, working with the full range of providers. You will accept the challenges of addressing housing needs and homelessness, but while it’s important that you lead your team to meet statutory requirements, this is a role where we want you to go much further. We want you to not only manage housing we intend to bring sustained improvements which include being environmentally considerate and long lasting for future generations by influencing carbon reduction across the borough and biodiversity management.
All this needs to happen as soon as possible. It’s vital that you improve the quality of housing and make the most of opportunities to increase supply and safety across all types of tenures. As well as accelerating the rate of progress, you’ll bring clear, strategic direction and expert advice. As the Council’s advisor on all aspects of our homeless and lettings service, you’ll be the key to better housing and robust delivery plans, including managing the delivery of decent homes across the borough primarily through our ALMO (Tower Hamlets Homes) but also through close liaison of partners through the Tower Hamlets Housing Forum.
With neighbourhood renewal and building new community homes also part of the challenge, there’s an exciting future ahead. To make change happen, you’ll be adept at working in consultation with stakeholders including local people and you’ll need to be an exceptional corporate leader.
- An experienced leader, you’ve shown you can deliver plans in a complex public sector organisation.
- You know how to build strategic partnerships that produce positive results.
- You have a background (and ideally qualifications) in Housing and related fields.
- A born team worker, collaboration and communication come naturally to you.
- You have the drive to solve problems, bring change and innovate. You’re not afraid to search out and consider new delivery models.
For a confidential discussion please contact Anthony Hopkin 07500 042272, Chris Barrow 020 3849 2624 or Ed Harper 07540 706307 at Penna.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday Thursday 18 April 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Services Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)