Income Officer - Local Operations
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Income Officer - Local Operations
Lancaster Way, Ely
£26,663 per annum (rising to £29,281 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance) – Subject to April 2019 pay review
37.5 hours per week – Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Income Officer – Local Operations to join our Housing Income Team. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for providing a high quality income and debt recovery service to a designated area. Managing a caseload, you will utilise your customer service skills to make contact with customers in arrears to maximise income through negotiation and tenancy enforcement.
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to income collection services and a chance to work and develop your career in an organisation that wishes to remain a market leader in the provision of high quality housing services.
The role of Income Officer – Local Operations will include:
- Ensuring accounts in arrears are managed effectively, resolving queries and escalations as appropriate
- Engaging with customers to ensure barriers for rent payments are addressed through the provision of high quality advice and support
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, residents and staff, including housing and letting teams and a range of external organisations and agencies
- Producing statistical information against key performance indicators, allowing for accurate recording and performance monitoring
- Meeting all legislative and regulatory requirements for income management activities (including court attendance and evictions), referring to policies and procedures where necessary
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience within a housing management, debt collection and income related environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, allowing you to negotiate and present effectively
- Proven knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practice is essential
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and IT literate is essential
- A working knowledge of debt collections or benefit systems is desirable
- Proven experience of working within a target/results driven environment is essential
- A strong ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines using effective organisational skills
- Due to the nature of the role, a full, current driving licence and access to your own vehicle for business purposes is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 5 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in Ely