Customer Liaison Officer
We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our strategy is all about our vision for an amazing organisation. It defines Guinness as a customer service business, with a real focus on making sure every customer has a great experience, every time they make contact with us.
Our Customer Liaison Service is responsible for getting things done for our customers where face-to-face contact is required and we currently have an exciting opportunity covering the Sheffield and Rotherham areas of West Yorkshire
Overview of the team
The North Central Region consists of a dedicated team of 8 Customer Liaison Offers, all working hard to deliver an amazing customer focused service and as a Customer Liaison Officer, you will be responsible for providing a friendly Housing Management Service to your customers in a defined area.
Overview of the role
You will be the face of Guinness and your key responsibility will be to provide an accessible face-to-face service to both our homeowners and rental customers. You will work in a mobile way, out in the area meeting customers all the time. You will work closely with Estate Services and other Guinness teams to get things done quickly and efficiently to achieve positive outcomes for both Guinness and our customers. This is a part-time role working 17.5 hours per week over 2.5 days (Wednesday 1/2 day, Thursday & Friday).
- Provide a visible, accessible face-to-face service to renting customers, homeowners and shared-owners in the Guinness Service Style. You will be the face of Guinness In your customer area.
- Set, co-ordinate, track, and ensure completion of, actions with Estate Services, Asset Services, Specialist teams and others to get things done for customers which meet, or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Maximise income, and reduce debt, in defined customer areas.
- Deliver an amazing lettings service which leaves customers feeling satisfied with Guinness from day one.
- Address anti-social behaviour, fly-tipping, graffiti and safeguarding alerts.
- Complete Health & Safety and compliance actions e.g. Fire risk assessments
- Use data to monitor own performance and that of others, taking action to improve as necessary.
- Manage remain within budget.
- Manage your own workload. Service appointments booked by customers directly. Organise and plan customer visits that respond to customer requests.
- Complete regular estate inspections and take any necessary action to achieve quality and safety standards.
- Attend and present cases at court and evictions.
- Be the primary contact for local stakeholders e.g. residents associations, Local Authority Services, the police etc.
- Maintain accurate and detailed customer records on Guinness systems.
- Role model the Guinness behaviours
- Excellent customer service delivery, demonstrating good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to plan and work effectively without high levels of supervision.
- Ability to work ‘on the go’ using mobile technology.
- Strong resource and time management, and the ability to prioritise, delivering value for money.
- Experience of working in a climate of legislative and organisational change.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Resilient and able to deal with challenging situations and deliver sustainable outcomes.
- Comfortable analysing data and drawing conclusions. Ability to work with IT systems on the go.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
- Experience of working in the housing or property sector.
- Academic qualifications in Housing and/or Tenancy Management.
- Knowledge of regulatory legislation for social housing.
- Previous budget management experience.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medical expenses cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
- Thank you award- by nomination
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.