Business Development Support Officer
This is an exciting time to join Stonewater in this brand new role as a Business Development Support Officer. You will work alongside our Regional Managers in Supported Housing to deliver on our ambitious 5 year growth plan. Sitting within our Quality and Innovation team, we are also actively exploring new and innovative ways to deliver Supported Housing services here at Stonewater that meet the demand for those who are most in housing and support need. We want your input to develop, shape and grow new services!
In this role there is the flexibility to work from home. Regular travel to Poole, Reading and Swindon will be required. In addition we are looking to grow the areas we deliver Supported Housing services in so we would expect you to have the ability and flexibility to travel to new business areas.
Take a look at this short film we produced to learn more about our Supported Housing teams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9qreRcjPTE&feature=youtu.be
Driven by our vision for everyone to have the opportunity to have a place that they can call home, we're a leading social housing provider with a mission to deliver good quality, affordable homes to people who need them most.
We manage around 32,000 homes, serving 65,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, and shared ownership and sale, as well as specialist accommodation, and an ambitious house-building programme.
We're looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people's lives.
In Collaboration with senior Supported Housing colleagues to ensure that Stonewater's Supported Housing growth strategy is delivered year on year, and the Supported Housing portfolio is increasing and income maximised.
- To proactively understand local need in the areas Supported Housing operate in by tapping into local team knowledge and external statistics.
- To provide advice, stimulus and information to Senior Managers in the business about sector trends and funding opportunities.
- To support the development of robust costed business cases and staffing models to gain executive approval and external engagement.
- To coordinate tender preparation and bids for external funding within Supported Housing ensuring they stay within budget.
- To represent Stonewater at external forums and conferences as required, acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
- To work alongside colleagues in the Quality and Innovation team to explore and test new initiatives, including the technical design and costing of these, developing social enterprise and new service models.
- Where appropriate act as a contract manager for Stonewater in order to build Stonewater's brand within the sector.
- To support collection of case studies, and co-ordination of our social media presence, including campaigns we may wish to support or start.
The ideal candidate:
- Tangible experience of developing business and generating income streams, with a successful track record of winning new business and securing external funding
- Experience of working in a social housing / support environment is advantageous
- A proven track record of bid writing is essential
- Able to work effectively in partnership with managers, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, manage own time, plan effectively and possess strong organisational skills.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills including budget analysis and report writing.
- A flexible attitude to respond to tight deadlines and requests for information
- Understanding of diverse needs of Supported Housing customers
Appointment to this role will be subject to satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact Helena Doyle, Head of Supported Housing on 0776479139 or email@example.com
- At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan - up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance - 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more...
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Interview Date: Tuesday 9th April
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Supported / sheltered housing Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Tenant services Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Homes and Asset Management Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Business development Officer Up to £30,000 Permanent jobs in Poole