Finance Manager - Development
Finance Manager - Development
£45,843 per annum (rising to £48,256 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Finance Manager will join the Development Finance team. The Development Finance Team is responsible for all financial functions for Development and Construction from the initial financial appraisal of the capital investment to practical completion of the finished property. This encompasses capital investment appraisals, cashflow forecasts, budgeting and forecasting, monthly management accounts, accounts payable and receivable and management information for decision making.
The role of Finance Manager – Development will include:
- Leading the financial appraisal of new development opportunities and products by providing recommendations and analysis based on the gained understanding of Group policy, the Group Business Plan, relevant legislation, good practice and current market performance
- Monitoring and reporting financial performance of existing projects ensuring adherence to approved authorities, budgets and regulatory requirements
- Drafting of investment papers and all necessary supporting information in relation to new and existing development opportunities and products
- Managing the recruitment, performance and development of staff within the Development Finance Team
- Developing and educating the Development Finance Team and wider functions on matters of capital investment, development processes, accounting regulations and best practice
Skills and experiences:
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar professional qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Previous experience within the Development sector preferred
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations, legislation and current practice
- Proven experience of managing staff in a large organisation
- Outstandingly organised with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 8 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Finance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Business development Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester