Senior Sales Manager
Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
The role holder’s primary responsibility will be to grow and manage the sales capability within the business to enable the delivery of the programme of shared ownership sales on a national basis. The role holder will be involved in scheme pricing, site bidding, developing the site sales strategy and the sales and marketing activities of the business. The role holder will also be responsible for delivering an excellent customer experience for shared ownership purchasers.
The role holder will work across and support the Regional Directors of Development and work with the Area Development Managers in scheme prospecting and pricing and will oversee establishing the sales and marketing strategies for sites, which will be transacted by locally based sales and marketing teams.
The role will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Area Development Managers and the Regional Directors of Development in pricing shared ownership schemes as part of the bid process.
- Supporting and advising Area Development Managers in building the skills and experience to price sites and input into the relevant sections of Project Reports.
- Overseeing the creation of an effective sales vetting process to ensure potential customers for shared ownership homes are properly assessed.
- Establishing sales strategies for each site, supporting the team in the execution of the overall sales strategy and monitoring and adjusting sales strategies to maximise revenue, minimise reservation fall-outs and to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Ensuring first class customer service is provided at all times and being the customer champion throughout the buying process
- Ensuring the on-site sales force have all necessary tools (hardware and software) to operate effectively
- Ensuring the consistency of all branding, marketing and advertising material, including sales literature and site signage at all times.
- Carrying out regular market research on competitors’ product to ensure we are up to date on market demands, product innovations and sales prices.
- Leading the Sales and Marketing teams in formulating site and locality-specific marketing strategies.
- Working with mortgage advisors and valuers to ensure the schemes we are developing sell well
- Day to day management of all external sales agents appointed by the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Providing advice/recommendations on product specification, potential enhancements and innovation.
- Leading the effective coaching and management of on-site sales staff.
- Working alongside the Regional Heads of Development, and working with Finance and Operations team to support the full and successful delivery of s106 led affordable housing schemes.
- Peer reviewing schemes with the Regional Head of Development and providing recommendations to manage risks, optimise quality and deliver good value for money.
- Ensure a robust sign-off process is followed in line with agreed governance policies, operating within agreed financial and risk parameters.
- Ensure that schemes are completed to the standard delivery requirements, ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties.
- Working closely with the Operations teams, coordinate the handovers to ensure that void periods are minimised and customer and stakeholder expectations are met and that scheme and customer data passing into the housing management system is 100% correct.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Manage the team, emphasising importance of meeting targets and supporting the team as necessary.
- A proven track record of delivery as a Head of Sales preferably with experience in the shared ownership and market sectors
- Working to price opportunities and then sell schemes on a national basis within an established residential developer
- A detailed knowledge of the residential sales market on a pan-regional or national basis.
- Pricing and contracting multiple residential shared ownership schemes and/or developments
- Broad experience in advising on scheme layouts and specification to optimise scheme values and saleability
- Delivering good sales growth across sites and effective sales management
- Deep experience in pricing and selling shared ownership schemes
- Deep locality specific knowledge of the shared ownership sales process
- Knowledge of developing new business relationships
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision making processes
- The ability to grasp problems and issues by breaking them down into their component parts, to solve problems, process information, assesses risks, form judgements and develop solutions.
- Motivated to set challenging goals, and to deliver to high standards and make continual improvements in the way things are done.
- The desire to help or serve the customer to meet their needs. Focusing efforts on discovering the internal or external customer’s needs, and bringing all resources to together in order to meet those needs.
- The ability to think long-term to develop visions and concepts and the capability to take responsibility for implementation.
- The capability to collaborate and build strong working relationships and share common goals with colleagues to help achieve team and business success.
- The ability to seek out, clarify, share and communicate so that individuals and the team have all the information needed to work effectively.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.