Leasehold and Service Charge Manager
Housing is a major growth opportunity for the Legal & General Group and is a high profile initiative supported by the Board executive. L&G Affordable Homes (L&GAH) is a new wholly owned subsidiary of Legal & General, tasked with bringing much-needed, volume institutional equity capital to the UK social housing sector.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring LGAH develops a transparent and trusted approach to the management of leaseholder relations and the operation of service charges for customers.
Working with colleagues in Development and Housing Management the post will act as a key function within the Development pipeline process. The role will ensure that the design of buildings and services is accurately captured and reflected in proposed service charges. The role will be central to developing systems and processes internally that support this activity.
Ongoing, the role will act as a centre of excellence for all LGAH staff, suppliers and partners working with customers who are leaseholders and/or pay service charges.
- Hold responsibility for the organisation’s approach to leasehold management and service charge calculations
- Build the systems and processes to help ensure that service charges are built and forecast accurately and that common leasehold enquiries are dealt with simply and swiftly for the customer.
- Establish excellent working relationships with Development teams across LGAH to help ensure that the ongoing service charge costs and leaseholder liabilities are fully established and understood before and during the construction phase.
- Assist Housing Management staff and contractors to offer an effective service that delivers value for money to service charge payers through the management of their homes and neighbourhood.
- Act as the key person in the estimate and reconciliation processes adopted by LGAH and contracting partners.
- Provide a quality control service in the case of services to leaseholders, ensuring that all LGAH services are delivering a simple to use and trusted service to leasehold customers.
- Ensure policies and procedures are effective and up to date, using business assurance techniques to test these regularly.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and advise the business on best practice.
- Maintain excellent customer service standards, in line with Group expectations at all times.
- Continually promote and ensure compliance with the Group’s Equality and Diversity policy and procedures.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s Health and Safety policy at all times and compliance with all health and safety legal responsibilities.
Qualifications, Track Record, Experience and Skills:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Strong academic or vocational background with demonstrable evidence of expertise in leasehold and service charge areas.
- Evidence of successfully delivering leasehold and service charge activities to a high standard.
- Demonstration of effective delivery to customers in these areas of service.
- Background in influencing and shaping the design and development of new homes
- Previous achievements when establishing systems to ensure leasehold services and service charge management function successfully.
- Knowledge of the affordable housing sector, in particular an expert understanding of leasehold and service charge issues alongside the statutory responsibilities of RP’s.
- Acting efficiently and pro-actively within defined decision making processes
- Interest and ideally experience in developing systems to support business in the management of service charge.
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- A pro-active and creative approach to relationship-building and problem solving
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- A focus on the customer and how your areas of responsibility promote the L&G brand.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Facilities management Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Technical services Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Design Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester