Head of Maintenance
Optivo are one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
We’re looking for someone exceptional who wants to make a difference and likes a challenge. If that’s you, a fabulous opportunity has arisen to join the Property Services team who manage the stock in Kent and Sussex as a Head of Maintenance.
With a proven work history and experience of managing proactive and reactive streams in a commercially challenging environment, you’ll be responsible for championing and developing our maintenance service. We want it be sector leading, whilst delivering a quality product that gives our residents a great customer experience and fantastic service.
You’ll need to be able overcome problems effectively and decisively and have great analytical skills to interpret key performance data and customer feedback o lead. This needs to be teamed with enthusiasm, motivation, resilience and great organisational skills.
You’ll also need to think creatively, be happy to try new ways of working and be prepared to challenge. Not forgetting having a sound technical knowledge.
If this sound like you and you’re excited at the prospect of joining us, your duties will include:
- Ensuring our homes are maintained to a high standard.
- Delivering excellent Customer Service, Health & Safety and Value for Money
- Ensure all regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Managing the delivery of the day to day and void repair service and budgets
- Contributing to the delivery of Optivo’s Asset Management strategy
- Creating efficiency through innovation
- Constantly reviewing researching and challenging working practices to improve existing or develop new ways of efficient, cost effective maintenance delivery
- Managing major national and specialist maintenance contractors
- Leading team of Senior Maintenance Surveyors, Maintenance Surveyors, Void Coordinators and administrative support.
The role will work with a range of residents and colleagues, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll need to live our one team culture.
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have a generous leave allowance, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to private medical and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
Interview Date: 26th/29th April 2019
If you’d like to discuss the role, please contact Victoria Benson Property Services Director- Kent & Sussex on 020 0803 62905.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Housing / neighbourhood management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Asset management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kent
- Maintenance / Repair Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kent