Mobile Support Worker
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mobile Support Worker to join our team, who provide quality care and support to vulnerable adults with learning disabilities in various supported living services, across the Bracknell, Sandhurst, Crowthorne and Wokingham area.
We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and deliver quality, person-centred support. The role will include taking an active role in enabling and supporting individuals to achieve and develop their own goals and to maximise their independence to the best of their potential.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you`ll support service users with their day to day needs to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. This role will assist with:
- Personal care needs
- Mealtimes and social activities
- Attending appointments and maintaining their health and wellbeing
- Promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
You will work with individuals to produce, update and implement support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a highly effective service that meets each individuals` needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You`ll be a caring an enthusiastic individual with a `can-do` attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to recognise and understand the needs of vulnerable adults with learning disabilities.
Desired qualities include:
- Effective communicator using different methods according to the complex needs of those in your care
- Previous experience working in care and support
- Ability to work flexibly across a variety of schemes where the need is required, including working some evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of the services we provide, as is clear commitment to equality and diversity
- Empathy, resilience, outstanding personal qualities and a preference for working within a collaborative team environment
A valid driving licence with use of a car is essential for the role.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours) plus statutory bank holidays
- £21,216pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary resulting in an average salary of £24,000 plus bonuses
- Plus potential £2,243.28 annual sleep- in payment (based on 1 sleep-in per night)
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Friendly and supportive team environment
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £70 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell