Working to the Director of Operations but supporting the relevant team, the Team Administrator will ensure the efficient administration of the relevant team. The role will have an inward facing responsibility, working across Team administrating day to day activities across the business.
In supporting the team, the postholder will always ensure the successful administration with a good attention to detail and adopt a professional and helpful approach. The duties of the postholder include:
- Ensure the data filing system is always up to date and to ensure the team is using the system correctly
- Arrange meetings, provide presentation support, prepare and collate papers in support of the meetings, coordinate conference calls, video conference meetings and to ensure the meetings operate effectively
- Be an ambassador for the full adoption of digital processes to ensure the team operates in an efficient and agile way
- Gain a good understanding of the digital processes and capabilities of the system so that others can be provided with support to gain the skills to use our systems effectively
- Take team notes, identify actions, allocate actions and follow up activities to ensure teams are productive and individuals within the teams are accountable for their actions.
- Have good knowledge of the governance processes and to pro-actively plan the programme of activities and operations within a team so that processes are forward planned. Ensure investment and operation decisions and actions are transacted in accordance with the policies and procedures and in accordance with good practice.
- Co-ordination of a variety of special projects such as Employee Engagement, team away days, meetings, training courses, ensuring rooms are booked, trainers are arranged, refreshments available, utilities are booked as required and liaison with attendees.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new joiners to the business unit and the smooth exit of any leavers
- Ensure governance processes are fully understood and to ensure that these are always followed
- Identify and share good practice and service improvement across teams
GCSE A, B or C in Maths and English essential
Experience of working in an administrative capacity is essential.
Knowledge & Skills:
Office services, facilities and processes - A general understanding of the company structure. Knowledge of organisational infrastructure, as is a broad network of contacts at all relevant locations.
Software resources - A good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Sharepoint, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as other administrative applications from time to time.
Confidentiality - The job holder should demonstrate the highest standards of honesty, integrity and confidentiality, protecting all confidential information by maintaining appropriate storage and filing, as well as using sound judgement regarding any sharing of information.
The ability to prioritise work to importance and deadlines and to be flexible in a continuously changing environment.
Judgement - The jobholder should be capable of supporting problems that arise. Seek proactive resolution and continuously suggest ways to improve existing processes and procedures.
Initiative - Capable of working alone and unguided dealing with any situation that arises.
Accuracy - Demonstrate accuracy at all times.
Tolerance of Pressure - Flexible enough to cope with demands, deadlines and pressures and remain calm in role.
Communication - Excellent interpersonal/communication skills at all levels, including a professional telephone manner and the ability to create a strong internal and external network.
Team work - The jobholder is required to work as part of a team wup good relationships with their designated business areas and the wider business. Take a proactive approach to assisting peers and sharing knowledge and expertise.