£32,280 per annum (rising to £33,978 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Working within the Construction Accounting team the Assistant Accountant will coordinate the use of financial systems and processes to ensure that the financial records of the organisation meet legal and regulatory requirements. In addition this role is seen as an integral part of helping the group through our exciting development programme we aspire to build 30,000 new homes. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to take the next step in their career.
The role of Assistant Accountant will include:
- Producing and analysing accurate and timely management and statutory accounting information for internal and external stakeholders
- Overseeing cost value reconciliations from a Finance perspective and verifying budget transfer requests and purchase order requests
- Attending meetings with Quantity Surveyors and producing monthly construction reports
- Assisting in the annual budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with a range of stakeholders to deliver high quality customer service
Skills and experiences:
- Robust knowledge of management accounting practices and expertise of financial regulations, legislation and current practice gained from working in a similar role
- A passion to deliver an effective and efficient finance service to the business
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA part qualified
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills that will enable you to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstandingly organised with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office with a good working knowledge of SAP
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 18 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.