Income Recovery Manager
Do you want to work for a company where you can genuinely make a difference?
Do you strive to provide an effective income recovery service, but operate with a high regard to customer service?
Can you lead a team efficiently, conveying our vision, our culture and our “firm but fair” approach?
This could be the role for you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a high performing and experienced individual to join our Corporate Income Team, as an Income Recovery Manager.
Longhurst Group is one of the UK’s top 10 leading housing providers, providing more than 22,000 homes across the Midlands and the East of England, and is a leading independent provider of care and support services.
Passionate about people and committed to its vision of ‘Improving Lives’, Longhurst Group does not stand still and has an exciting future ahead with ambitious growth plans for housing, care, support and community investment.
Everything we do is about helping people, enhancing their wellbeing and improving lives
Ensuring the income to the Group is protected is vital to ensure our on-going ability to provide top quality services to our customers.
This role is pivotal as the lead for our income recovery team across our East region. As a Group we are drawing on the strengths of our companies whilst building a shared vision and culture – can you help us manage this period of evolution and provide strong leadership to the team?
- You will have a desire to build on the great performance already delivered by the team, assuming management of a team of 14, and ultimately becoming responsible for their professional development and the development of the team performance overall
- Our Income Recovery Manager will be able to motivate the team to offer a service highly focussed on reducing arrears and ensuring our customers pay, whilst balancing our responsibilities as a social landlord.
- You will adopt and develop our “firm but fair” approach, recognising the commercial requirement to minimise arrears alongside the need to support the more vulnerable in our communities.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An income professional with an strong track record
- A resilient, competent and effective leader; able to convey our vision and ethos to your team
- Confident in change management, and your ability to adapt to change accordingly
- Performance orientated and results driven
- Totally committed to high levels of customer service
At Longhurst Group we value and respect our people. We recognise that our success rests on the shoulders of committed staff and board members so we want to make sure that everyone feel supported and appreciated.
Being part of Longhurst Group means living our values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through our values we will continue to shape the future making a positive difference within our local communities, creating places where people want to live.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A contributory average salary Pension Scheme
- Generous paid annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays and 3 additional concessionary days.
- A commitment to learning and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking at majority of sites
- Company sick pay (depending on length of service)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
How to Apply
If you want your next professional opportunity to be varied and challenging, in an environment that encourages autonomy and professional development from your own initiative, we invite you to join our Group, and become our Income Recovery Manager, please visit https://careers.longhurst-group.org.uk/careers and Apply.
To download a copy of the Job Descriptions and to complete our online application form, please visit: www.longhurst-group.org.uk/careers
This role is subject to pre-employment checks.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview, copies will not be taken.
Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and valuing diversity and the Group has made a commitment to achieve the Public Sector Equality Duty in line with the Equality Act 2010.
In line with the Data Protection Act 2018, this information is provided with your consent and will only be used to monitor our compliance with the law. Information collated below will be treated as strictly confidential and is not passed to those involved in the short-listing process. If you do not wish to answer these questions, your application will not be affected in anyway.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24th April 2019 (Closing at Midnight)
Interview Date: 1st May 2019 (This date may be subject to change)