Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £45,149 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours per week
Your core role and focus is all about leading on the effective delivery of repairs, voids and planned programme work streams as part of our service offer to customers. It is also about developing the offer going forwards to meet customer expectations and enhance their experience of being a valued customer. This will include internal and external liaison with peer group and senior managers as well as looking beyond the sector for innovations to help us become a class leader in repairs & maintenance and planned works delivery. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
As a Contract Manager – a typical day might include:
- Ensuring our customers receive a responsive, high quality day to day repairs and maintenance service that always meets their expectations both in and out of hours
- Supporting the lettings process by ensuring voids management is focussed on the optimum key to key time but not at the expense of the quality of repair and certification requirements
- Delivering a planned programme that is based upon the optimised timing of investment in the stock allied to service provider direct delivery and continuity
- Effectively manage all contracts to ensure service delivery consistently meets contractual KPI requirements and at the same time offers value for money, never losing focus upon the health and safety of the customer
- Monitoring the type and frequency of repairs, feeding into the asset / homes management strategy to inform the development of the planned programme
- Sustaining the contract management framework to ensure performance is maintained, value for money assessed and added value and innovation are sought
- Feeling confident in their knowledge base to be able to challenge the service providers both operationally and commercially to ensure delivery promises are kept and budgets controlled
- Closing out customer issues and complaints in a professional and timely fashion, ensuring all involved in the issue/complaint learn from and are committed not to repeat
- Bringing our values to life through providing direction, coaching, support and empowerment with the aim of developing you teams to both succeed and flourish
- Developing and owning policies and procedures which support the clarity of service delivery and standards application
- Innovating service delivery and standards to enhance the customer experience, in enabling us to become proactive / predictive in our approach towards delivering the services
- Exploring and developing service standards by benchmarking within the sector and outside of it, to deliver a fantastic customer experience
- Responding to emergency out of hour’s service enquires, occasionally attending emergency repairs out of hours
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
DBS Disclosure check required NB: Successful candidates will be required to pay £25 for their check. The cost can be claimed back on satisfactory receipt of disclosure.
- 2 Months