Customer Partner Trainee
Customer Partner Trainee
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £20,130 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours per week
Your core role and focus is all about delivering a fantastic customer experience. You will embrace our proactive approach to tenancy sustainment and ensure customer care is fully embedded within our business. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the services and homes we provide, and you have a key part to play in this.
As a Customer Partner Trainee, a typical day might include
- Working with Accent colleagues, particularly in the Customer Partnership team, in gaining a grounding in housing management and related services
- Delivering the Accent Partnership service offer, managing a small patch of properties, and delivering the customer experience for your patch
- Being visible in our communities – you will know who our customers are and they will know who you are
- Supporting the team on all aspects of customer safety to ensure that our homes and communities feel safe and secure for the people who live there
- Using your initiative and networks to ensure a fantastic customer experience and that we get it right first time, every time
- Owning and delivering on performance for your patch, ensuring that all targets are surpassed, or putting plans in place to recover any performance failings
- Engaging with new customers so that the Accent / Customer relationship sets off on a strong footing, positively creating trust in the Accent brand.
- Supporting and advising our vulnerable customers who are unable to maintain their homes, working with other agencies to get the best outcomes for our customers
- Bringing our values to life through all of your interactions with our customers and with our colleagues
- Taking responsibility for your own health & safety and making sure that our customers are safe in their home and communal areas
- Undertaking external training, either toward a recognised professional qualification or through the Charityworks programme
The must haves
- Commitment to the development of their own skill, experience and knowledge, prepared to undertake internal and external training, working towards a recognised qualification
- Passionate about customer care and wellbeing, and inspiring others to do the same to support them throughout their journey with Accent
- Curious, creative and innovative in problem solving, in delivering successful outcomes for the customer and community
- Someone who thrives on challenges and will seek to inspire both customers and colleagues everyday
- A brilliantly positive team player, who will be committed to delivering excellence
- Accountable, open and honest. Taking ownership of situations from beginning to end to ensure the best possible outcome for our customers
- Be driven to succeed in all performance indicators that you are responsible for
- Fantastic relationship skills which enables you to build rapport with customers and all other stakeholders
- A keen eye to value for money and able to deliver
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
The added extras
- You will need to have a clear understanding of customer service and keen to develop your customer experience skills
- An agile mind set, eager to try new approaches and relaxed operating in a changing environment
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 1 Month