Customer Safety Surveyor – Heating
Customer Safety Surveyor – Heating
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £32,093 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours
Your core role and focus is all about ensuring all the necessary working practices needed are in place to ensure customers are kept safe in their homes from any potential heating safety hazards. Your role will provide expert opinion to internal and external customers to help achieve our commitment of zero tolerance towards health & safety aspects. We want our customers to be safe as well as proud of their homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
As Customer Safety Surveyor - Heating, a typical day might include:
- Managing the delivery of the regional / national heating safety / servicing/ remedials programmes to our homes and offices
- Ensuring all aspects of the regional / national contracts are performance managed through your contract management experience, to ensure all associated KPI’s are monitored and accurately measured against
- Preparing, managing and monitoring all budgetary aspects of the heating safety / servicing programme
- Reviewing the current and future heating safety / servicing programme, to manage risk of non-compliance through delivery of contracts and / or ensure preventative measures are in place
- Implementing quality control systems for inspection and maintenance of heating appliances and installations within our homes and offices.
- Taking action to ensure that relevant legislation and safety standards are met and customers / staff safety are secure
- Considering / reviewing and making recommendations for changes to policies & procedures and technologies beneficial in the monitoring and auditing of heating safety / compliance to ensure customer safety
- Actively promote the importance of customer safety
- Being part of an effective operational team, focused on achievement of service plan / departmental objectives
- Providing guidance in your area of professional specialism to internal and external customers
- Resolving contractor disputes and performance issues in a professional and constructive manner
- Ensuring services provided are effective and clearly demonstrate value for money, along with a commitment for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction levels
Suitable Technical Qualification in Gas Safety in addition to 3years direct post related experience
- Minimum of HNC in a related construction subject or equivalent experience
- Attained or willing to work towards a technical qualification, Level 4 VRQ diploma in Asset and Building Management compliance or equivalent
- Exemplary track record in the delivery of efficient and effective heating safety/ servicing works / contracts
- Fantastic attention to detail and ability to succinctly articulate opportunities for improvement and threats to achieving success
- Ability to detect early warning signs of service / contractor underperformance
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to work through complex contract management situations
- Customer focus -able to see service provided through the customers’ eyes
- Ability to create healthy partnering relationships with all stakeholders
The Added Extras
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience
- IOSH / NEBOSH experience would be advantageous
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 1 Month