Estate Service Officer - Job Share
Estate Services Officer
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £26,111 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- Part Time
- 17.5 Hours
Your core role and focus is all about supporting the effective delivery of estate services contracts as part of our service offer to customers. Your role will assist in ensuring communal areas are maintained to a high standard and to the satisfaction of internal & external customers. You will be involved in establishing comprehensive estate services contracts and agreements, which are tailored to suit scheme / communal area maintenance requirements. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
As an Estate Services Officer, a typical day might include:
- Providing clear advice, guidance and support for internal and external customers in the delivery of estate services
- Reviewing internal and external customers’ perceptions and satisfaction levels of the service and adapting service delivery to improve customers’ experience levels
- Assisting in managing and monitoring all estate services contracts to ensure budget and performance expectations are met, with continuous improvement targets in place
- Applying policies and procedures which support the clarity of service delivery
- Making appropriate recommendations regarding contractors whose performance is exceptional or unsatisfactory
- Conducting quality control processes to assess the timeliness and standard of contractor delivery against the service delivery standards in place
- Monitoring the condition of schemes and services, and arrange for regular visits and inspections
- Suggesting improvement initiatives to improve open space and communal areas, including rejuvenation and replenishment works
- Accurately estimating service charge costs to all schemes
- Collaborating with development colleagues on the design of new schemes to understand and possibly co-design communal areas
- Innovating service delivery and standards to enhance the customer experience, in enabling us to become proactive / predictive in our approach towards delivering the services
- Excellent communicational and relationship building skills with internal and external customers and contractors
- Record of accomplishment of liaising with and managing contractors to meet performance and budget targets
- Ability to interpret construction drawings / plans and scheme maps
- Experience in producing specifications and schedules of work
- Knowledge of how estate services specifications are successfully deployed for contractor implementation
- Excellent attention to detail in assessing performance of contractors against service standards and specifications
- Understanding and experience of feeding into future service charge budgets to cater for delivery of estate services
- Openness to a high level of collaboration with internal & external customers to continuously improve service delivery
- Customer focus-able to see service provided through the customers’ eyes
- Honesty and integrity
- Numeracy and literacy skills essential. IT literacy, as well as the ability to use company operational software
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
The Added Extras
- Estate services / facilities management qualification (professional standard) or equivalent
- Experience of delivering estate services to a large homes portfolio
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 1 Month