Asset Optimisation Officer
We’re now in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our vision is very simple. We want Guinness to be an organisation that delivers amazing customer service, is a brilliant place to work, and is strong, stable and financially resilient so that we can keep building new homes. And we want Guinness to have an offer for older people that is really special, that has impact and influence where we work, and most importantly one that our customers and employees feel proud to be part of.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Optimisation Officer to join us at our Oldham office on a full time permanent basis.
Overview of the team
You will be a key part in helping to deliver our exciting Footprint Strategy, maximising return on our extensive asset portfolio around the country, working to improve satisfaction for customers and overall financial performance of the Group. Reporting to the Asset Optimisation Manager within the Asset Strategy Team, you will support all aspects of evaluating the performance of schemes and individual properties, making recommendations on future use and changes to maximise financial and social value helping Guinness meet our key objectives.
- Analyse and assess potential properties for disposal ensuring that financial analysis and business impact is measured and understood. Once properties are approved for disposal you will liaise with the Marketing and Sales Team throughout the process until successful completion.
- Engage with colleagues across the business including in Treasury, Customer Services and Financial Planning & Analysis to gather and collate information to inform options appraisal.
- Liaise with an appropriate professional team including cost consultants, architects, surveyors and other internal and external experts and stakeholders to prepare options for assets to inform comprehensive appraisals. Options may include changes of tenure, disposal, redevelopment, and refurbishment, changes of client group together with working with other parties to find alternative uses or assimilate larger or strategic opportunities.
- Ensure that Governance procedures and financial regulations are fully adhered.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records or properties identified for options appraisal, prioritised and tracked and actively manage workloads reporting progress to the business.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records tracking properties for disposals and reporting on these accordingly.
- Support key corporate projects such as stock rationalisation disposals to other providers and bidding for and securing opportunities to acquire existing tenanted homes in our core growth areas.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a property/asset environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a breadth and volume of projects, and prioritising accordingly.
- Proven experience of maintaining complex records tracking progress of projects in a target orientated environment.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information to specialist and non-specialist colleagues sufficient to aid their understanding and actions.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in options appraising properties, stock and strategic portfolios.
- Experience of managing asset disposals.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Salary is £40,421 rising to £42,548 after 12 months
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Simply Health Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
If you are interested in helping us shape our future and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Closing date: 26th April 2019
Interview dates: 7th & 10th May 2019