Operations Manager - Gas
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Operations Manager - Gas
Kingsmead Office, London – covering London and South East region
£52,900 per annum (rising to £55,684 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
Playing a pivotal role in the success and development of the business, the Operations Manager will manage the delivery of a high quality and cost effective Gas Maintenance Service that responds to customer, organisational and financial needs. This role is ideal for you if you have the experience, commitment and drive to manage multi-site maintenance contracts within a commercial performance role. If you are an innovative, self motivated individual with strong management skills and confidence, this may be role is for you. The successful candidate will work from the Kingsmead office for three days per week and from other offices in the South East for the other two days.
The role of Operations Manager will include:
- Managing the operational delivery of a cost effective service by operating within appropriate financial policies, procedures and agreed budgets
- Overseeing the recruitment, performance and development of staff; ensuring the skill set and ability to meet the needs of the business is present
- Assisting in the production and implementation of local operational and strategic plans that guarantee service delivery and contribute to the development of growth opportunities
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing relevant policies and procedures, effectively communicating and implementing these to ensure effective application of good practices and legal compliance
Skills and experiences:
- Relevant degree or management qualification in the Gas industry and ACS Natural Gas Domestic are essential
- Gas Safe registered and holding the following domestic Gas qualifications: CCN1, CPA1, CENWAT, CKR1 and HTR1
- A proven track record of managing direct labour operations or internal maintenance services with the ability to effectively recruit, manage and develop staff
- Experience of managing external gas contractors in a commercially focused role
- Ability to operate within a performance focused environment, delivering key performance indicators
- Strong negotiation and communication skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- This role will involve driving on company business. For insurance purposes in order to be considered to drive a company vehicle, drivers must have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunitie
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent in London (Central)