Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
Are you passionate about residents being safe in their homes? Are you experienced in dealing with issues of compliance in relation to property management? Do you have an eye for detail and ability to turn numbers and technical data into meaningful information for a variety of audiences?
If this sounds like you then this role will give you the opportunity to work as part of the newly formed Asset & Investment Team to ensure that we provide safe homes and neighbourhoods for our residents and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives for its Housing portfolio. You will play a pivotal role as we embark on our annual works programme investing over £31 million our homes and estates, to ensure this work keeps the Council compliant and our residents secure.
Your role will help us our duties on a day to day basis as a landlord. To achieve this, you will:
· Work closely with our Data Analyst and take responsibility for a number of key databases including Keystone, the Council asset management database in relation to compliance information.
· Provide expert and high quality information in relation to changes to legislation and future issues regarding compliance to ensure investment plans reflect necessary works.
· Support the provision of a resilient, flexible and professional inspection and surveying regime
· Produce accessible, well presented monitoring information which enable managers to identify trends and highlights risks.
· Ensure that data quality is robust and shared as necessary with contractors undertaking works.
· Work with the wider team to develop a culture of forward thinking and innovation.
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills, including:
* Knowledge and skill in collecting, collating, analysing and communicating data from an asset management system such as Keystone in relation to landlord compliance issues.
* Understanding and experience of compliance in areas such as asbestos, fire risk assessments, water hygiene, lift maintenance, electrical and gas compliances, Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
* Be capable of inspecting works to ensure compliance has been achieved or maintained
* Experience of working within local government or social housing sector.
* Understanding and knowledge of statistics at an advanced level.
* Adept communication skills to effectively convey complex and technical information to a range of individuals.
· Create and use spreadsheets and databases at an advanced level.
· Ability to build effective relationships and achieve co-operation from others.
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and with wider stakeholders
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Interview Date Anticipated w/c 6 May
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Government and compliance Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes