Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
Do you champion the importance of robust data to make informed decisions and deliver the best outcomes? Are you experienced in dealing with asset management data in a social housing environment? Do you have an eye for detail and ability to turn numbers and technical data into meaningful information for a variety of audiences?
If this sounds like you then you will relish this opportunity to work as part of the newly formed Asset & Investment Team to deliver outstanding performance and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives for its Housing portfolio. You will play a pivotal role as we embark on our ambition to improve the condition of our residents’ homes through an annual works programme of over £31 million to invest in our homes and estates.
Your role will assist us to deliver the right investment, at the right time whilst ensuring we meet our duties on a day to day basis as a landlord. To achieve this, your role will:
Take responsibility for a number of key databases including Keystone, the Council asset management database.
Provide expert and high quality information and advice from the databases that helps users gain insights and make better evidence based decisions in relation to future investment in the Housing portfolio.
Work with the Compliance Officer to ensure regulatory and statutory obligations are met.
Support and challenge stock condition data to improve data and outcomes
Produce accessible, well presented monitoring information reports which enable managers to identify significant trends and variations from agreed targets and relevant benchmarks.
Ensure that data quality, data sharing and data security issues are managed.
Work with the wider team to develop a culture of forward thinking and innovation.
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills, including:
- Knowledge and skill in collecting, collating, analysing and communicating data from an asset management system such as Keystone.
- Experience of working within local government or social housing sector.
- Understanding and knowledge of statistics at an advanced level.
- Adept communication skills to effectively convey complex and technical information to a range of individuals.
Create and use spreadsheets and databases at an advanced level.
Able to coach others in the use of databases and systems.
Ability to build effective relationships and achieve co-operation from others.
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and with wider stakeholders
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Interview Date Anticipated w/c 6 May
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Government and compliance Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes