Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2021
Donside Village Square, Aberdeen – Covering Aberdeen and surrounding areas
£31,154 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £3,115 per annum
40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrician to join a project team who will install and test smoke, heat and carbon monoxide alarms in occupied properties throughout the North East of Scotland. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding and individual effort is recognised.
The role of Electrician will include:
- Installing smoke, heat and carbon monoxide alarms and also some general maintenance tasks and basic repairs, whilst keeping the site clean and tidy
- Providing accurate information and updates on the progress of allocated work
- Working with customers to identify faults, resolve issues and improve services
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained in a good, workable condition and stock levels are maintained
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience fitting and testing smoke, heat and carbon monoxide alarms is desirable
- Fully qualified to 18th Edition regulations, holding a City & Guilds qualification 2391/52 or equivalent
- Ability to analyse and diagnose electrical problems and implement effective solutions
- Awareness of health and safety and working legislations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with a customer focused approach
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively in order to meet deadlines
- The ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative
- This role will involve driving on company business. For insurance purposes in order to be considered to drive a company vehicle, drivers must have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 21 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Aberdeen
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Aberdeen
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Aberdeen
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Aberdeen
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract in Aberdeen