We're looking for an exceptional Support Manager to join our IT team in Croydon and play an active role in the management and direction of the department.
We'll look to you to lead multiple sub-teams responsible for providing deskside support, "project" based resource, and ensuring IT access is available to new starters. You'll provide strategic vision and leadership when applying solutions to improve the performance and efficiency of the IT department and you'll support the Group's IT users by ensuring all service management issues are resolved efficiently.
Leading an effective support function, you'll ensure that users are kept regularly updated regarding the status and progress of their incident.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all desktop equipment is purchased, implemented, maintained, supported and eventually disposed of.
- Develop the team's annual budget and ensure that the services are delivered within the agreed budget.
- Play an active part in contributing to business projects where there is an impact on the team by attending project meetings, planning and completing work packages together with assigning appropriate resource
You'll already have demonstrable experience of managing in a service delivery environment and of project managing IT related activities. You'll be familiar with achieving target oriented SLAs and be able to create reports to meet KPI driven business needs.
You'll need to display the following attributes to be successful in this role
- Good technical skills - particularly in relation to End User Computing, PRINCE2 and ITIL.
- Able to take ownership for difficult work requests and delivering solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic, organised, detail-oriented and capable of leading by example
- Team player attitude, focused on knowledge sharing and problem solving
- Flexible with the ability to travel to different offices in the group at short notice
If you're a leader of people who has strong communication and customer service skills and consider yourself to be a self-starter, we look forward to hearing from you
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at midday
For further details on this vacancy please click 'apply'.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing is the largest social landlord in the country with 360,000 residents.
We have ambitious plans to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years, with a commitment that two thirds of the programme will be affordable housing.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.