Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Knight House, Stoke-on-Trent – Covering North Staffordshire and Cheshire
£27,819 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £2,086 per annum (rising to £29,283 with an additional policy allowance of £2,196 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Salary and terms and conditions review due to be implemented June 2019
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Reinvestment Surveyor with a successful track record working within the Housing sector. This position sits within the Reinvestment department, who are responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s property portfolio. They advise on reinvestment programmes, stock condition surveys, fire risk assessments and provide specialist surveyor input on a range of other matters to ensure that properties are maintained and retain their value.
The role of Reinvestment Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking stock condition surveys and other property inspections including fire risk and health and safety assessments in line with organisational policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and contract performance
- Helping to identify required asset improvements in line with business plans, ensuring that strategies and plans are developed and high quality services are delivered
- Managing cyclical and capital work projects in line with legislation and making appropriate recommendations
- Overseeing the delivery of mixed tenure work programmes in accordance with the organisation’s financial policies and procedures
- Managing disrepair and environmental health cases which will enable you to suggest appropriate remedies and strategies to address any building relating issues
Skills and experiences:
- Experience in a similar commercial role, in a building and surveying environment is desirable
- Working knowledge of building regulations, legislation and current practices is essential
- A building related degree/professional qualification or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (or similar)
- Must be highly motivated and well organised with the ability to solve problems in a professional manner
- This role will involve driving on company business. For insurance purposes in order to be considered to drive a company vehicle, drivers must have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service, plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient saving through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Asset management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stoke-on-Trent