Head of Development
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious and growing business managing over 18,000 homes in an ever changing and increasingly complex environment. We are a not-for-profit organisation committed to consistently delivering an excellent and reliable resident experience whilst leading the borough’s first council housing development in 30 years.
We have ambitious targets to achieve in tackling the housing crisis and meeting the Lewisham Mayor’s aim of building 1,000 new homes by 2022.
To help meet these ambitious plans we are expanding our Development Team and are looking for people who can be both strategic and hands on, help role model our values and can work collaboratively with our staff, customers and stakeholders.
We are looking for an inspirational Head of Development to lead our exciting development and construction programme. You will need a proven track record of delivering new affordable housing and demonstrable experience of proactively leading and managing a team.
The role involves ensuring all schemes in delivery achieve time, spend and specification targets and that projects are delivered in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. You will also take the lead on the procurement and management of new construction contracts and work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to develop high quality schemes that are financially viable whilst meeting quality, design and operational requirements.
- Lead the forecast, management and control of the development programme ensuring cost, design and quality targets are met and risk is managed on all schemes.
- Lead the procurement and appointment of multi-disciplinary project teams during construction.
- Manage financial viability and monitor residential revenue, construction costs, programme, consultant fees, and land costs.
- Report on budget and cash flow projections and ensure profitability of schemes.
- Prepare and present regular Board and internal monitoring reports.
- Build and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and implement a robust handover strategy.
- Ensure schemes achieve customer satisfaction and value for money.
- Ensure services and schemes meet regulatory standards and legal requirements.
- Ensure the entire development programme is delivered in line with key financial and non-financial objectives including capital, costs, expenses and risk.
- Establish a culture that constantly strives towards increasing customer satisfaction and achieving and demonstrating value for money.
You will need:
- Proven experience leading and managing teams and development programmes.
- Proven track record at senior level in the development industry.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering modular housing.
- Strong understanding of residential development, with a proven track record of delivering high profile, complex development projects to time, cost, and quality standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the development and construction process from inception through to completion and handover.
- A solid understanding of the public sector regulatory framework and procurement processes including development agreements and joint ventures.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing relationships with stakeholders including local authorities, landowners, developers and contractors.
- Good IT skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills in order to carry out complex financial appraisals.
- Educated to A-level or degree standard or equivalent.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loan to help you travel to work.
- Generous annual holiday, starting at 26 days a year.
- Interest-free bike or computer loans.
- Discounts through partners for redecorating your home.
- Discounts at local shops and cafes.
- Social events and activities throughout the year.
We can be reached by trains directly from Waterloo, London Bridge, and King's Cross St. Pancras.
To apply for the role please email your CV and supporting statement to our recruitment partners Ocean Edge Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Thursday 2 May 2019.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Development / regeneration Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Land acquisition Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Planning Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)
- Executive & Senior Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (South)