Head of New Initiatives
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious and growing business managing over 18,000 homes in an ever changing and increasingly complex environment. We are a not-for-profit organisation committed to consistently delivering an excellent and reliable resident experience whilst leading the borough’s first council housing development in 30 years.
We have ambitious targets to achieve in tackling the housing crisis and meeting the Lewisham Mayor’s aim of building 1,000 new homes by 2022.
To help meet these ambitious plans we are expanding our Development Team and are looking for people who can be both strategic and hands on, help role model our values and can work collaboratively with our staff, customers and stakeholders.
We are looking for a Head of New Initiatives to lead a team of staff to deliver new complex residential-led mixed-use developments.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a range of schemes including new build, regeneration, acquisitions and hidden homes - from site identification, negotiation and purchase through all aspects of the design, planning and specification process.
- Identify new land and development opportunities and ensure they are financially viable.
- Pursue potential development and partnership opportunities with developers and contractors.
- Lead the design and planning process for new build schemes to achieve planning consent.
- Manage the tender process and help establish construction contract procurement.
- Lead the management and control of the programme, including cost, design, quality and risk, ensuring targets are met.
- Ensure schemes meet design, sales & lettings, operational and maintenance requirements.
- Lead regeneration and masterplanning including resident engagement.
- Ensure a smooth transition process into delivery
- Establish a culture that constantly strives towards increasing customer satisfaction and achieving and demonstrating value for money.
You will need:
- A proven track record of building a development pipeline and securing development opportunities.
- Experience in property development at senior managerial level.
- An in-depth knowledge of the development process, knowledge of current planning process legislation, regulations, standards, and procedures
- Experience leading negotiations and working with developers, registered providers and/or other related partners on development agreements and joint ventures.
- Experience of leading teams through land purchase, design and planning, and construction tender process.
- Experience in managing relationships with stakeholders including local authorities, landowners, developers and contractors.
- Good IT skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills in order to carry out complex financial appraisals
- Educated to A-level or degree standard or equivalent.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan to help you travel to work
- Generous annual holiday, starting at 26 days a year
- Interest-free bike or computer loans
- Discounts through partners for redecorating your home
- Discounts at local shops and cafes
- Social events and activities throughout the year
We can be reached by trains directly from Waterloo, London Bridge, and King's Cross St. Pancras.
To apply for the role
Please email your CV and supporting statement to our recruitment partners Ocean Edge Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Thursday 2 May 2019.
To download a recruitment pack containing more details about the role and a full job description please visit www.oceanedge.biz/lewisham/
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please contact Philip Foster on email@example.com or call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Design Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Development / regeneration Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Land acquisition Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Planning Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)