Assistant Commercial Asset Surveyor
Assistant Commercial Asset Surveyor
Wood Green, London
£34,128 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £2,621 per annum (rising to £36,018 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £2,759 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Assistant Commercial Asset Surveyor sits within the Asset department which is responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s property portfolio. The Assistant Commercial Asset Surveyor will play a fundamental role in advising on reinvestment programmes to ensure that the properties retain value and are maintained in accordance with Group requirements.
The role of Assistant Commercial Asset Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking property inspections, including stock condition surveys and health and safety assessments
- Supporting the Regional Commercial Asset Surveyor in quality control tasks to ensure the required standard is held throughout work delivery
- Assisting with the management of contractors by recording and reporting their performance
- Supporting the internal client, Sanctuary Care, by ensuring maintenance repairs are completed and Care operations are kept informed
- Adhering to policies and procedures by producing reports and documentation to resolve any issues that occur
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a building and surveying environment with project based work
- Ability to interpret cost data and provide cost information where required
- Good working knowledge of current practices and legislation
- Ability to interpret specification data and communicate to colleagues
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work loads
- Outstandingly organised with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- HNC qualification in building and surveying or similar is desirable
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Surveying Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)