We would like to hear from you if you’re keen to take an active role in shaping the future of Prospect Housing Limited (PHL) a Registered Provider (RP) which delivers supported accommodation to adults at risk of homelessness.
We are currently looking to recruit a Board Chair, and we are particularly keen to hear from you if you have significant experience in any of the following areas:
- Accounting and Finance
- Internal or external audit experience
- Marketing and/or public relations
- Human resources and organisational change
- Governance and/or legal and regulatory compliance
- Housing sector
All Prospect Housing Board members share responsibility for Board decisions. Each Board member shall act in the interests of Prospect Housing Limited not on behalf of any interest group or their own interests.
The Board has responsibility for:
- the governance of PHL
- the strategic direction and development of PHL
- oversight of financial control, decision-making, corporate governance, audit and risk management
- to ensure that PHL achieves its aims and objectives
The term of appointment will run for a three-year period
Enquiries and expressions of interest (short cover letter and CV or complete application form from our website) should be directed email@example.com by the close of 15 May 2019. Interviews will be held as applications are received and considered.
Candidates should expect to dedicate an average of two – three days a month to the role. This commitment is reflected in preparing for and attending to six meetings of Board and two Board Strategy and training sections each year. In addition, you will be expected to serve on one or more Board Committee and engage with the wider life of the Company.
The Company Secretary and the acting and deputy Chairs of the Board are available to support the new appointed Chair and ensure they have the information, training, and guidance necessary to feel confident in their role.
The role is remunerated, and members may also claim reasonable expenses and have access to a wide variety of training and development opportunities. Board remuneration increases with Chair/ Committee Chair responsibilities.
Further information about the responsibilities, and role description is attached below. You can also learn more about the Company from our website https://prospecthousing.net/about/
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Chair Board Member - Salary + Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Birmingham
- Corporate Services Chair Board Member - Salary + Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Birmingham
- Finance Chair Board Member - Salary + Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Birmingham
- Government and compliance Chair Board Member - Salary + Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Birmingham
- Policy / Strategy Chair Board Member - Salary + Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Birmingham