Relief Housing Officer - Residential Involvement Lead
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
Once our houses are built, they are let to people who cannot afford to buy or rent at full market values. The majority of our properties are offered to people on local authority housing lists to rent. We also manage homes to let at intermediate rents, for people saving for a deposit, and shared ownership homes, which help people make their first step on the housing ladder.
About the role
We are looking for a Relief Housing Officer to be part of a team providing a highly professional customer focused Housing Management service to the association`s residents in rented accommodation and to applicants.
Duties will include the housing management of a case hold of tenancies, carrying out tenancy reviews, taking appropriate action in regard to breaches of tenancies and working in conjunction with the income recovery team to ensure appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges. They will seek to improve the level of service in response to changing resident`s demands, regulatory requirements and best practice.
Due to the nature of the role you must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £30.504pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Monday 6th May 2019
Interview dates: Thursday 16th May 2019
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Homelessness Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Revenues / benefits Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead