Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
We are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor with a successful track record working within the Housing sector to join our newly formed Asset & Investment Team. The Team’s aim is to deliver outstanding performance and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives for its Housing portfolio.
This is an exciting time, as we embark on our ambition to improve the condition of our residents’ homes through an annual investment programme of over £31 million in our homes and estates as well as providing a cost effective responsive repairs service to them on a day to day basis. You will play a pivotal role in achieving this across our diverse portfolio of properties, from our homes built as part of our New Town development to those built in 1897.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary property team focused on planned and responsive property maintenance and investment, ensuring work is delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.
To ensure we deliver our desired outcomes the building surveyor role will:
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary property team focused on planned and responsive property maintenance and investment.
Undertake stock condition surveys, making recommendations on short, medium and long term investment, including consideration for disposal or remodelling as appropriate and in line with the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan.
Carry out other inspections as required including fire risk assessments, HHSRS, pre and post works, to ensure regulatory compliance and contract performance.
Identify issues and provide options for resolving them at earliest possible stage and where appropriate recommend systems and procedural improvements for the future.
Work as part of project teams to oversee cyclical and capital work projects, including providing specifications and advice for internal processes and tender bids.
Deal with complex repairs, complaints and disrepair cases, providing appropriate remedies and strategies to address any building related issues and residents’ concerns.
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills, including:
Degree and/or RICS qualified with significant post qualification experience.
Extensive experience of the delivery of planned and responsive maintenance services.
Detailed knowledge and experience of dealing with areas of statutory compliance covering asbestos, fire risk assessments, electrical and gas compliance, lift maintenance, water hygiene and HHSRS in relation to wider works.
Proven experience of and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
Ability to effectively prioritise caseload, to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
Ability to develop and sustain productive relationships with the customer, contractors and stakeholders to meet demand and expectations.
Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, including advanced Excel, and experience of using asset management databases such as Keystone.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a new challenge apply today to join us and as well as the satisfaction of knowing you are working towards improving our residents homes and environment you will also benefit from what Milton Keynes Council has to offer as an employer.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Interview Date 21 May 2019
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Project management Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Surveying Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes