Principal Design Advisor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Principal Design Advisor
Welwyn Garden City, Hertford
£38,127 per annum (rising to £40,134 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week – Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
The role of Principal Design Advisor calls for a highly motivated and organised individual who thrives in a busy environment, providing advice concerning Health and Safety and CDM regulations and promoting best practice principles across the Group. Strong attention to detail, a passion for Health and Safety, including CDM and excellent communication skills will be key to your success in this role.
The role of Principal Design Advisor will include:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring recording processes for inspection, auditing and compliance to support the delivery of Health and Safety including Construction Design and Management (CDM) procedures
- Providing technical expertise and advising on the project lifecycle to ensure each stage is effectively managed, making prompt and appropriate interventions where necessary
- Monitoring projects to ensure compliance with design and quality standards, and where appropriate, making recommendations for mid-project changes that are required
- Effectively maintaining and developing relationships with internal and external customers by identifying shortfalls in service delivery and ensuring they are dealt with appropriately
- Ensuring all building and refurbishment projects are compliant with current CDM regulations
Skills and experiences:
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Yellow/White Card and a NEBOSH Construction Certificate is essential
- Some experience within a Health & Safety/CDM advisory role with knowledge of current regulations is essential
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and build rapport effectively
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft packages to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience of prioritising workloads in order to meet deadlines
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday (plus public holidays) rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City