Team Leader Neighbourhoods
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
Maternity Cover 12 Months
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for a housing professional with significant experience of working as a Team Leader within a busy Neighbourhood Team to deliver outstanding performance and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives.
You will be joining us following a significant restructure and supporting other Team Leaders to form a new team, providing critical front line service delivery; responding to the current and future challenges faced by housing providers as we embark on regeneration of our homes and estates. This is a high demand area of work which is both rewarding and challenging.
Manage and motivate the Neighbourhood Services staff
Work as part of the Neighbourhood Service to deliver outstanding housing and support services, and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives, policies and procedures in relation to estate management and tenancy services.
Work with colleagues to embed good customer care, and establish and maintain paths and processes for acquiring communities input.
Provide advice to your teams, elected members and the public on matters relating to tenancy services, income collection and estate management
Support the Neighbourhood Services Manager in the management of allocated projects, including the management of staff, consultants, contractors and service providers. Prepare reports for staff, managers of all levels and steering groups or other bodies as required.
Provide specialist advice to, and work with, Neighbourhood Services Manager to ensure the continuous development of the service.
Undertake effective contract management processes, ensuring –Contractual processes are developed and followed
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
5 GCSEs grade A-C including English (or equivalent level of educational attainment)
Chartered Institute of Housing Professional Qualification or equivalent
Able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant housing legislation
Being open to ideas on how to improve the service area, taking measured risks to try new ideas
Setting an example by displaying an active commitment to a culture that embraces excellent customer service
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Interview Date 15th May 2019
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.