We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
Would you like to work for an organisation that was listed as number 12 in the Sunday Times top 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for in 2019??
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a hardworking and diligent individual to join our Development team. We are recruiting for an experienced Development Manager on a permanent basis to help with our ambitious growth plans in Northern Ireland. We have some exciting projects that we are working on and you will be key to the delivery of these services.
The Development Manager plays a key role to our growth and will be part of a fantastic Development Team. You will ensure delivery on 5 key areas which is vital to our success:
- Sales and Growth manager
- Financial Performance
- Market Expert
- Operational Development partner
The Development Managers is responsible for contributing to the delivery of our growth plan and is accountable for the achievement of growth KPIs. This role needs to utilise all internal support to achieve this, both within GLH and wider Mencap Personal Support teams. This role will have a proactive and confident approach to identifying and exploiting new opportunities across the regions. We are interested in people applying with experience of new builds properties.
The role will be home based with the expectation to cover a large geographical area with substantial travel. Working hours will be Monday – Friday 9am-5pm with expectations to carry work out of hours on occasions, particularly with the travel. Travel to Manchester and London will also be required for meetings.
We are passionate about what we do and are looking for like-minded individuals. If you are looking for a role that will offer you a career and will prove to be rewarding, then we want to hear from you!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract