Scheme Manager - Homeownership - Part Time
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Scheme Manager – Homeownership – Part Time
Camelot Grove, Kenilworth
£10,767 per annum (rising to £11,333 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
A two bedroom bungalow is to be provided with this role
20 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Housing for Older People Scheme based in Kenilworth. You will be part of a small team, primarily working independently, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives of our residents. You will be responsible for providing support to maintain residents’ well-being and independence together with delivering a quality housing management service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Promoting resident involvement and providing information on local community services and agencies to promote well-being and independence
- Assisting residents with queries regarding welfare benefits and their tenancy
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, service providers including contractors, residents and external agencies
- Undertaking compliance checks, risk assessments and scheme inspections and ensuring faults are reported and monitored
- Attending meetings with the residents and offering high quality customer service by resolving queries and complaints
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with older people in a support capacity or vulnerable client groups is essential
- Housing Management experience, health and safety and basic knowledge of welfare benefits is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, allowing you to build strong relationships
- The ability to work on own initiative in a high paced environment with a flexible attitude
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and SAP
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary for this role is £20,188 based on 37.5 hours per week
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 2 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Kenilworth
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Kenilworth
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Kenilworth
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Kenilworth
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Kenilworth