Estate Caretaker - Tower Blocks
Job Title: Estate Caretaker - Tower Blocks
Job Expiry Date: Midday on 7th May
Salary: £22,280 per annum
Job Location: Dorking
Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed term contract until January 2020
We are looking for a Caretaker to join our Surrey team. The purpose of this role is to take personal responsibility for ensuring the cleanliness, safety and security on our Tower Blocks and estates. Some of the duties in this role are outlined below;-
- Report any apparent breaches of tenancy agreement to Area Office, including noise, nuisance, illegal subletting, uncontrolled pets, dumping of rubbish and abandoned vehicles.
- Promote positive image of the Association at all times through the establishment of a good working relationship with residents / residents associations and area advocates.
- Act as a point of contact for residents and ensure good communication is kept with all teams and departments.
- Identify hazards and complete risk assessments on a daily basis and take remedial action as necessary.
- Clean tower blocks to a good standard on a routine rota
- Grit estate access paths and roads when snow/ice expected.
- Respond to fire alarms and assist emergency services as required. Contact emergency services whenever required.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported to line manager. Appropriate paperwork to be completed within requested time scales.
Applicants will need to have an understanding of Health and Safety, be customer focused, with strong communication skills. Ideally, you will have knowledge of COSHH Regulations and utility services (i.e. gas and electricity) and you will need to be able to work flexible hours/weekends.
Closing Date: 7th May 2019 at midday
For further details on this vacancy please click 'apply'.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing is the largest social landlord in the country with 360,000 residents.
We have ambitious plans to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years, with a commitment that two thirds of the programme will be affordable housing.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.