Commercial Asset Projects Officer
Commercial Asset Projects Officer
Wood Green, London
£40,175 per annum (rising to £42,289 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Company car included
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Commercial Asset Projects Officer will join the Remodeling Pipeline team within the wider Asset function. The team is responsible for actively identifying, appraising and preparing new remodeling projects to enhance Group stock in line with Group strategic objectives. You will be involved in projects that will contribute to major changes in the orientation and use of properties to respond to changes in customer requirements, regulatory requirements and Group objectives. This is an exciting and varied role for an ambitious individual looking for the next step in their career.
The role of Commercial Asset Projects Officer will include:
- Preparing and negotiating project briefs and client specifications for remodelling projects with internal and external customers
- Preparing and progressing property options appraisals
- Conducting site inspections alongside Remodelling Surveyors
- Liaising, meeting and managing key partners and stakeholders to progress projects
- Preparing and submitting planning and building control applications
- Reporting and communicating early stage project progress, to enable operational planning
- Conducting project reviews to capture good practice and inform future work
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a project management or surveying role within the building environment or housing sector
- Proven experience of delivering built environment projects and change programmes
- HNC in building and surveying or equivalent level of qualification is advantageous
- Good working knowledge of planning and building control applications and the process of submitting these
- Ability to tailor communication to a variety of audiences and communicate technical information in non-technical language
- Excellent communication and customer care skills is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications with a good knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of CAD and GIS software is advantageous
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 7 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.