Senior Commercial Asset Manager
Senior Commercial Asset Manager
£55,614 per annum (rising to £58,541 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Company car or car allowance included
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Senior Commercial Asset Manager will be part of the Asset Delivery Team who is responsible for managing and delivering capital programmes and projects on time, within budget and demonstrating value for money. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to take the next step in their career.
The role of Senior Commercial Asset Manager will include:
- Leading the delivery of major capital remodelling works for various business areas
- Developing a standard specification of employers requirements for various business areas
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within key targets and agreed budgets
- Ensuring all improvement and capital investment programmes are delivered in line with legislative and regulatory requirements
- In keeping with business plans, leading the process of identifying commercial properties for Asset improvement programmes
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing a team of staff, providing guidance and support, handling regular 1-to-1’s and promoting the development of staff
- Available for office based with travel
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a commercial background is essential
- The ability to analyse construction methodology and tenders
- Excellent knowledge of construction and housing industries
- Extensive experience of managing large projects and with stakeholder management
- Building or construction related degree or management qualification is essential
- Previous experience of managing staff is essential
- Previous experience of working in a client side role
- RICS Chartered status or equivalent is advantageous
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 7 May 2019
Interview Date: 15 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.