Fixed-term contract for 2 years, based in Kingston
Our Ambition for the Cambridge Road Estate
Cambridge Road Estate is the borough’s largest regeneration programme. It aims to deliver approximately 2000 new homes over the next 10-12 years, including more affordable housing, better community facilities and outdoor spaces and deliver a positive social and economic legacy for residents in Kingston for years to come. The Council is looking for excellent expert professionals who can be part of a once in a generation opportunity to positively transform people's lives by improving their quality of life by delivering new homes, community facilities, job opportunities and overall health.
Kingston is in the process of appointing a Joint Venture (JV) development partner who will work closely with the council over the next 10 years to completely regenerate the Cambridge Road estate. Kingston is committed to following the Mayors guidance for estate regeneration and will put proposals to a resident ballot in the Autumn of 2019. This is a flagship project for the council that will upgrade our housing stock, providing hundreds of affordable homes whilst delivering value back to our Housing Revenue Account as a joint venture partner to betterment of the Norbiton neighbourhood and borough as a whole.
About the roles
As one of two Project Managers for the Cambridge Road Estate Regeneration Programme, you will:
- Lead and manage key work streams of the CRE development programme that meet key project milestones on time and budget while ensuring successful project outcomes throughout.
- Take the lead and responsibility for effective programme management, design, strategic policy, implementation, and monitoring ensuring a coherent consistent ‘one council approach’ to regeneration and growth on the estate and wider Norbiton neighbourhood.
- Facilitate effective community consultation and engagement towards the ballot and throughout the master-planning period towards planning consent, developing excellent working relationships with the JV partners, key stakeholders, the community and elected members.
We’re looking for people with strong programme and project management skills and significant experience and a demonstrable track record of delivering successful regeneration projects and programmes.
You’ll have strong people management skills with the ability to model a performance culture and constructively build achievement, confidence and skills in others.
In addition you will have a relevant masters/degree qualification(s) in planning, regeneration, property and/or associated built environment sectors with professional accreditation eg. RTPI, RICS, RIBA as preferable.
We’ve set up a dedicated recruitment website where you read more about the Cambridge Road Estate Regeneration project, the team, what it’s like to work for us and the many benefits we have to offer. Take a look by visiting www.kingston.gov.uk/regeneration_roles
Please apply online by uploading your up to date CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria as outlined in the job profile.
Job profile - please click here to view/download
Closing date for applications: Sunday 12th May 2019
Interview dates: Tuesday 21st - Thursday 23rd May 2019
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Cambridge
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Cambridge
- Surveying Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Cambridge
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Cambridge
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Cambridge