Care Assistant (Annualised hours)
Day Care Assistant – Annualised Hours
An exciting new opportunities has arisen within Peabody. These are annualised hours contracts, where you are paid to work an average of up to 336 hours over the year. The contract offers flexibility with periods of non-working. There will be a combination of compulsory and flexible hours that you will be required to work. This way of working will provide you with guaranteed income for the year. You will be required to cover for employee sickness absence, annual leave and any other absences.
You will be helping to provide a high-quality day care service to older people in a day care setting to enable older people to lead an independent and stimulating life and to deliver a high quality, responsive service that promotes individual choice
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Experience of working with older adults
- Experience of engaging and empowering older adults through interaction; understanding of issues associated with ageing.
- Clear verbal/written communication skills.
- PATS training ( Passenger Escort Skills required for transport duties)
- Experience of implementing H&S and Adult Protection policies and procedures
- A relevant NVQ level 3 in care
- Eligibility to work in the UK
The successful applicant will need to be subject to an enhanced/basic background check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.