Volunteers Development Partner (Thamesmead)
The Volunteering Development Partner will be a member of the Community Foundation team and will work across the Peabody Group and with key stakeholders and partners to ensure that the aims and objectives of the Foundation’s strategy are delivered and that services are aligned with corporate objectives. These services will also need to adapt to the changing external environment. The Foundation should be recognised as a leading provider and delivery partner in London.
As Volunteering Development Partner (Thamesmead) you will:
- Support the recruitment of volunteers and creation of high-quality roles within the Thamesmead directorate including the Regeneration Team, Youth, Culture Teams, Social Economic Team and Neighbourhood Teams
- Create new opportunities and recruit volunteers to enhance enterprise programmes and initiatives delivered by the Thamesmead Socio-Economic Regeneration Team
- Continue support of existing Thamesmead volunteers and ensure they are kept up-to-date on relevant changes, opportunities and rewards
- Work with Socio Economic team, enable Thamesmead community groups, and groups in the wider neighbouring towns within Royal Borough of Greenwich, Bexley and Lewisham, to recruit and supervise their volunteers
- Support the Positive Steps Thamesmead programme with recruitment of volunteers, and ensure they are included in the wider volunteering programme
- Build and maintain networks and partnerships with key volunteering-focused stakeholders in Thamesmead and the surrounding areas to promote our roles, and further support our volunteers
- Source, design and deliver training to volunteers with support from the organisational Volunteering Development Partner
Please note the below:
- This post is a full-time, 12 month contract (maternity cover)
- Interviews to be held on the 1st and 2nd May
- Role start date: 3rd June 2019 and to end on the 26th June 2020
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.