Health and Safety Trainer
Health and Safety Trainer
Homeworking - With travel throughout the UK & Scotland
£27,819 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £3,672 per annum (rising to £29,283 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £3,865 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We are looking for an ambitious and innovative individual to join an established team of Health and Safety and Fire Safety practitioners. This is an excellent opportunity to assist in aligning all Health and Safety training to nationally recognized standards.
The role of Health and Safety Trainer will include:
- Delivering a range of frontline and management level Health and Safety training throughout the UK and Scotland (c. 3 days per week)
- Working with a team of safety practitioners developing and delivering one off training and coaching sessions to support campaigns
- Delivering a range of topic specific training including basic working at height, personal safety and legionella awareness
- Supporting in the creation of new training courses and materials to further expand our current offering
- Available for office based with travel
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience delivering training of Health and Safety qualifications
- Previous experience working in a range of industry settings is desirable
- Ability to deliver training to a range of individuals with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstandingly organised with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient user of Word, Excel and Outlook with intermediate knowledge of presentation software
- A willingness to travel at least 3 days per week to deliver training at our sites throughout the UK and Scotland
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 9 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.