£38,127 per annum (rising to £40,134 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Company car or car allowance included
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Fire Technician will join a small team within the wider Health and Safety function. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in establishing and implementing policies, management and supporting frameworks that enable the Group and its staff to deliver their obligations under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and associated fire legislation.
The role of Fire Technician will include:
- Assisting and guiding the Asset teams when undertaking fire risk assessments and providing appropriate advice on the application and interpretation of fire legislation
- Monitoring the fire precautions at various stages throughout construction
- Responding to communications from enforcing authorities on technical fire issues
- Supporting managers, including Local Service Managers and Housing Officers with technical fire enquires
- Investigating fire related incidents and providing detailed and accurate reports
- Producing and delivering training to staff carrying out fire risk assessments and building strategies
- Providing technical advice on new development, existing buildings, new acquisitions and proposed alterations to existing buildings when requested
- Liaising with our PAS partnership manager and undertaking annual audits of fire risk assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar fire safety role is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of fire regulations and legislation, including the Regulatory Reform Order 2005
- Relevant professional qualification in fire safety is essential
- Proven experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing solutions
- Ability to identify training needs and support staff development is advantageous
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, enabling you to identify the needs of the customer
- Proficient user of Microsoft Officer applications
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.