Commercial and Technical Manager
Commercial & Technical Manager
Redruth, Cornwall (with travel to construction sites throughout Cornwall)
We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,500 homes. Our ambitious development programme is delivering high-quality affordable homes across Cornwall and we’re currently building around 300 new homes for local people each year.
Coastline is built on strong values of:
- putting our customers first
- openness, honesty and accountability
- striving to be the best
- and valuing our colleagues
We are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people.
With Investors in People Silver accreditation and a placing in the Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisations to work for, Coastline is a growing company with a strong reputation.
We’re currently looking for a Commercial & Technical Manager to support the successful delivery of our housing development projects.
- Salary of £32,918 - £38,727 per annum
- Benefits package
This is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with an organisation committed to building amazing homes for communities throughout Cornwall.
You will have the chance to share your expertise with a dedicated team and drive the success of a range of exciting projects.
As the Commercial & Technical Manager, you will work with consultants, contractors, customers and colleagues in the procurement and delivery of high-quality affordable and open market housing.
In particular, you will provide extensive technical support relating to the development of new homes, especially at pre-contract and on site stages. This will include innovative solutions at acquisition to maximise development revenue along with monitoring and maximising the quality of our new homes during the construction process
Some of your duties will involve:
- Liaising with contractors, developers and our Technical Services and Development teams
- Visiting construction sites to ensure work is carried out in-line with our standards
- Identifying ways to drive down construction costs without compromising on quality
To join us as the Commercial & Technical Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of all stages of the development process, preferably in residential development
- A relevant professional qualification, such as RICS, MCIOB or the Institute of Clerk of Works
- Good problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong commercial awareness
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Construction Manager, Construction Project Manager, Housing Development Project Manager, Construction Programme Manager or Home Development Project Manager.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Commercial & Technical Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.