New Business Officer
This is an exciting time to join the development team as we expand our development programme to 800 homes per year! With supervision from the New Business Manager, you will be managing housing development projects including land sourcing, conducting viability assessments, managing the planning process and handing over to our internal delivery/construction team.
You will have demonstrable experience of working in housing/property, development or construction. Previous experience in New Business is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
- Identify sites and new business opportunities for the group, as guided by New Business Managers
- Conduct financial viability assessments using the groups appraisal tools (i.e. M3 Pamwin), in order to prepare offers to land owners and developers, with supervision from New Business Managers
- Take responsibility, with supervision from New Business Managers, for progressing new schemes through due diligence, internal approval process and eventual acquisition up to handover to Delivery/Construction
- Carry out research as required and advise the team on any government policy changes or general market activity which may affect development
- Build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Assist with administration tasks, including consultant instruction letters, resident communication, report writing, compliance, procurement and invoice payments
- Liaise closely with the Development Manager to assist in the submission of bids for grant funding on Homes England Investment Management System (IMS)
- Support the team in the sale of land and property identified for disposal
- Regularly review and update the New Business Report, which sets out current activity in the development team
- Establish and maintain accurate records to meet internal and external requirements