Fire Risk Surveyor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Fire Risk Surveyor
Marybone House, Liverpool – Covering Liverpool and Chester
£27,819 per annum (rising to £29,283 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
Salary and terms and conditions review due to be implemented June 2019
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fire Risk Surveyor to join our Maintenance and Reinvestment Team where you will play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of quality investment and surveying services that respond to customer, organisational and financial needs to ensure regulatory compliance.
The role of Fire Risk Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking property inspections including fire risk and health and safety assessments across a broad range of stock, in line with organisational policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and contract performance
- Managing works related to fire risk assessments, property inspections and surveys within agreed financial limits and in accordance with the organisations financial policies and procedures
- Producing reports and documentation for work specifications to assist in addressing and resolving issues to ensure the Group is compliant with relevant legislation
- Developing and updating information and databases relating to fire risk assessments and related activities, which will enable you to suggest appropriate remedies and strategies to address any building relating issues
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in building, surveying or equivalent is essential
- Proven experience in a building and surveying environment
- Knowledge of Fire Regulations including the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 is essential
- A proactive, well organised and innovative problem solver, you will consistently demonstrate a customer first approach and thrive on the challenge and opportunity this role will bring
- Working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, is desirable
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health and well-being plans
- Discounted products and services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 22 May 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes; therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Surveying Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool