Rents and Service Charge Support Officer
Origin Housing is a provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and Hertfordshire. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and customers, have a turnover of over £45 million and aim to provide great homes and build strong communities
Due to an internal sabbatical, we currently have an opportunity for an individual to join the Income Management department. This role is integral to the team in providing a high quality of administrative support. As well as outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers. A flexible approach to working hours is required to this role, as it will involve attending evening meetings. Some of the main duties of this role consist of the following:
- Amending and processing payments
- Accurately calculate the rent and service charges for re-lets in accordance with policies
- Complete the weekly FMS batch processing
- Support the Rent and Service Charge Officer in the annual rent and service charge review process.
- Support the Home Ownership Officer in preparing cases and notices. Updating and
- Maintaining relevant company records
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Self-motivated individual with an eye for detail.
- Contribute to effective team working and provide appropriate cover for colleagues as required
- Takes a proactive approach to own personal development
- Experience in a similar administrative and customer service role within a busy environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the Rent Standard and utility billing
- Basic knowledge of finance accounting system (SUN) and experience of using Orchard.
- Good verbal and written Communication and IT Skills
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Self-motivated and takes a proactive approach to your own personal development.
- A strong team player, flexible in your approach and open to change.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter addressing all of the key requirements within the role profile, including relevant examples of how you have met them. This role is subject satisfactory references and DBS check
In return, Origin Housing offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension, discounted health scheme, Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 19/05/2019
Interview and assessment date: 30/05/2019